1984 – 1986 – Master of Urban Planning, University at Buffalo, State University of New York
1977 – 1981 – Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Design, University at Buffalo, State University of New York
Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency
2011 – Present
– Supervise staff of 10 professionals providing community development, capital improvements, and GIS services. Responsible for neighborhood planning, demographic and geographic analysis, and implementation and maintenance of database dashboard.
– Oversaw development of Housing Opportunity Strategy, a market-focused approach to identifying opportunities within city neighborhoods. Used strategy to assist with securing properties at in rem foreclosure auction for renovation and sale to first-time homeowners.
– Prepared land use plan and homestead plan for Buffalo Green Code. Assisted with public engagement through open houses and stakeholder meetings. Provided input on Unified Development Ordinance and Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan.
– Coordinated Brownfield Opportunity Area for Buffalo Harbor, Buffalo River Corridor, and Tonawanda Street Corridor. Managed consultants and reviewed work products, gave presentations at public meetings, and organized submissions for state review and approval.
– Oversaw Community Development Block Grant and Emergency Solutions Grant programs. Prepared five-year Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plans outlining expenditure of federal funding; partnering with county on first-ever regional Assessment of Fair Housing.
– Prepared and secured grants from LISC for zombie relief, Enterprise for CitiesRISE, and NYS Affordable Housing Corporation for acquisition-rehab program.
Seneca Nation Community Planning & Development Department
– Supervised 24-person staff responsible for economic development, emergency management, engineering, transportation, and GIS. Worked with division managers to prepare annual work plans, budgets, and monthly activity and financial reports. Developed and implemented projects at request of executives and councilors.
– Provided pre-development planning and programming for over $100 million in bond projects, including Seneca Allegany Administration Building, and recreational, community service, and public safety facilities.
– Managed consultants and stakeholder involvement on needs assessment and master planning for pre-school expansions and elder care facilities
– Coordinated market analyses and site selection for Seneca Niagara, Seneca Allegany, and Seneca Buffalo Creek Casinos; representing over $500 million in capital investments in gaming, entertainment, and hospitality.
– Oversaw adaptive reuse of Thomas Indian School Infirmary Building, a vacant structure listed on National Register of Historic Places; led desig team and contractors to complete remediation and renovation on-schedule and within budget.
University at Buffalo
– Provided technical support for University Community Initiative, an effort to stabilize and transform city and suburban neighborhoods surrounding UB’s Main Street Campus.
– Prepared market analysis for successful housing subdivision on William Price Parkway; authored report on Erie County housing market trends.
– Conducted demographic and survey research; developed regional population projections in advance of 2000 Census; assessed impact of proposed library consolidation on community.
– Created and maintained Geographic Information System and website; wrote and edited research papers, academic publications and newsletters.
Lower West Side Development Corporation
– Managed staff of non-profit community development agency; secured and administered grants; handled corporate finances and investments; oversaw acquisition and rehabilitation of vacant housing, including project featured on 2 Your Home.
– Prepared neighborhood revitalization strategy; monitored activities in Allentown and West Village Historic Districts.
American Institute of Certified Planners
UB School of Architecture and Planning